Pages

background

Followers

Monday 21 September 2015

Its all about the sparkle at Crafty Cardmakers and More...

Hello!

This fortnights challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more is 

Sparkle

 Which I think is a perfect theme for all sorts of occasions!

I'm still trying to come up with a few designs for my Christmas cards that I will be posting out, so they need to be a bit flatter, less fussy and less weighty than my normal style.  

And this is what I made.





I have die cut a circle from the top section of the card, then rubbed some black soot distress ink on the card blank behind.  After sticking the die cut panel on top, I stamped a Christmas swirl and sentiment and embossed both with silver embossing powder, then added gems and a black organza bow.  I used the die cut circle to make the sentiment panel inside the card, no waste here!

I quite like the effect of the reverse die cut, and will be making this design in a variety of colours this year.

Hope you like it

Hugs, Sue xx

4 comments:

Sally Dodger said...

A beautiful Christmas card Sue. I love how you have incorporated so much detail into your design, while also making your card easier to post. The monochromatic colour way fits the card perfectly and the gems add some wonderful sparkle. Sally.x.

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Sue love the fabulous design and all the yummy sparkle.
Hugs Julie xxx

Kim x said...

Fabulous card idea Sue, I might just have to steal it lol.
Hugs Kimx

Ina G said...

Super cas card Sue. Perfect for posting. Love the layout.