Pages

background

Followers

Monday 20 April 2015

Dotty... Crafty Cardmakers and More

Hello!!

This week at Crafty Cardmakers and More the theme is 


Well it didn't take me long to find several papers in my stash that met the theme, so I was grateful to be able to be able to use some up!  The great thing with the black and white colour scheme is that you can use up odds and ends of your stash!  The papers are a mix of manufacturers, and all had been cut into previously, but with little/no tonal differences (as I often struggle with with coloured papers) they work well together)


Once I had picked my papers, I turned my attention to which image to use, and it seemed quite retro to me, so I went with Retro Selfie from Kenny K
 

I coloured the image with my copics and added some velvet ric-rac along the bottom, for a bit more of a vintage feel :-)  Along with the big satin bow I think it works well, although I did cheat a bit and use a pre-printed sentiment as I wanted to use a round sentiment to go with the dotty theme, but for the life of me can't find my round sentiment stamp!!!  It will turn up when I'm not needing it and looking for something else no doubt!

The white paper behind the image is a script one, but has grey dots on it too, and I could not resist using the fishnet paper too as it seemed to go with the image ;-)

Anyway, hope you are able to join in with the challenge this time

Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a brilliant card Sue and those mono papers go together so well and suit the image perfectly. She is great!! xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Sue love the image and sesign.
Hugs Julie xxx

Sally Dodger said...

Hi Sue, a gorgeous card. Your image is fabulous and coloured beautifully and the monochromatic theme is brilliant. The red bow and velvet ric- rac are lovely finishing touches. Sally.x.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Sue love the colours and your bow is lush too! hugs me x

Claire Grantham said...

Love this card Sue, its awesome. Love how all the pieces work so well together and I love that image from Kenny K. Cx