Pages

background

Followers

Monday 12 January 2015

First Post for Crafty Cardmakers and More

Hello!!!

Today is quite an exciting day for me, as it is my first post as part of the Crafty Cardmakers and More Design Team!   I popped a "DT" after my name on their last challenge of last year, never expecting to be invited to join such a talented group of ladies, so you can imagine my eyes wide open in shock as I read the email asking me to join them, followed by a quick jig around the room by way of celebration!!

Deciding to apply to another DT was quite a biggy for me, as I didn't get a lot of crafting done last year for one reason or another.  The burglary we had in May hit me hard, and not just because they stole my camera, and threw my printer, grand caliber and all my copics, papers and everything else from my desk on the floor - breaking both of the former.  I think my mojo finally returned when both of the people that did it changed their plea to guilty at the last minute meaning I did not have to give evidence, and that they were sentenced to three years in prison die to the violence they used.  That and I just got into making Christmas cards in a big way!!  Anyway, I rediscovered my love for crafting, with the help of crafty friends, both those I know personally and those I only know on line, and a new printer and camera, it was time to get back on the horse, and I'm so pleased I did!!

Anyway, that is quite enough waffle, I should show you my card!


This card is a real mix of old and new stash!
 
 
The image is by Time for Tea designs and I've had her ages!!  The aged silver Stampendous embossing enamel on the die cut circle is new-ish (about a month), but the stamps and distress inks are old


The creamy pin is new, but the green one is old, as is the grosgrain ribbon.  The bill of sale behind the image is old, but I don't think it had ever been new an ink pad!  The butterfly punch is sooo old (I think it came from Tesco!)

The Maja Design 6x6 papers are new, and I got them in the Live and Love Crafts sale, and the die cuts, button and gems are old, but the crackle paint is new... as is this cute bunch of keys charm


The sentiment is has been cut down from a freebie, and I have coated this with crackle paint too...






So there you go, my first post for Crafty Cardmakers!  Hope you can join in with this challenge and have time to check out the rest of the DT's creations


Please can I enter these challenges


Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

7 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Sue, welcome to the team.
Hugs Julie xxx

Pamellia said...

Wow Sue, this is absolutely stunning! I love the colours and your image is incredible! So many wonderful little details, great close-ups or I might have missed them! Welcome to the team, so glad to have you here with us! hugs :)

crafty said...

I love all the different layers on your card. Every time I look at it I see something different

Sally Dodger said...

Hi Sue, welcome to the team. A stunning card for your first project. A great image, which you have coloured beautifully and your colour scheme is gorgeous. There are so many wonderful details on your card from the stitching and pearl pins to the stamped background and key charm. Sally.x.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card. Love the layers that suit the lovely image perfectly. Hope you get to enjoy your crafting now after what sounds like a truly horrid time xx

Kim x said...

Fabulous card Sue. Welcome to the team, looking forward to workinf with you. Hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Welcome to the team.