Pages

background

Followers

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes... and a bit of a ramble... for a change :-D

Hello!

Where is this week going to, Wednesday already... mind you gotta love these 4 day weeks, but I'm keeping it all crossed I don't end up having to do 5 days hours in 4 days again like last week :-D  I've started well, and left on time yesterday, can I do the same again today? :-D

Slowly but surely my mojo is coming back, and i am pushing myself out of my comfort zone - today's card is no exception as I am still tinkering with this altered stuff!

Actually I'm kicking myself as I type this because now I look at the pics I've just realised that some of the pins my lovely blogging buddy Lee sent me would have looked just amazing on this card, but I am struggling to use them or the flowers as they are just too gorgeous and I'm still in the look and stroke stage with them :-D  Seriously, if you haven't checked out Lee's work - go have a sneeky peek at her blog - I just love how she writes and her work is amazing!!

Right, back to the present!  Today's card is for this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Challenge which is a nice and easy one as it's an Anything Goes week


I decided to get busy with the distress inks and some assorted Crafty Individuals Stamps, and I think an Indigo Blu one too, and one which I have no idea where it came from - think it was a freebie from a craft show!!.  Please don't ask me what the colours are, but I think there is Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet and Stormy Sky lurking in there!    Lots of masking going on here, whilst I am always thinking this style is not the best for me, I have to say I do like making these cards - you feel really crafty and creative!  The die cut is a Memory Box one, to which I have added some bling.  I tried to do a paper border to go round the round stamped image, but it didn't look right, so I went with some lace from my stash, which I think fits the overall theme.


I've stamped a few of these stamps up with the intention of decorating some of those mini spice jars you get from Ikea - if they look OK when I get round to doing them then I'll post them, if not, you'll never hear me mention them again!

Please can I enter my card into these challenges


Thanks for stopping by

Sue xx

18 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow love this, has a real Parisien feel to it .. love that lace too
Lisa x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Sue this is so pretty and elegant! Love the colours that you have used and all of the beautiful details xx

Catherine said...

Wow!!! Love this and all the shades of lilac look wonderful...

Maria said...

Wow, a beautiful card! I love the background stamping, and the gorgeous, soft colouring. Thanks for joining in with us at LIIU, and good luck in the draw.

Maria x

marion said...

This looks awesome ! Love the theme distressing in your project. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at LIIU and good luck. Hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Fab creation, love the colour choice and stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this month. Good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

Susan Hogan said...

Of course you can enter! Great card and I love the lasce. Thanks for joining us a LIIU this month for our Distressing Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is so beautiful, that background looks ACE, the bow, die cuts and that sentiment look superb, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Whimsey said...

Sooooo pretty & elegant - LOVE the colors!! Beautiful!

Gerda said...

Beautiful card and I love the colors you used.
Thank you for joining us at DCD this week.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

1CardCreator said...

This is a beautiful card, love the lace! So glad I saw you at Make It Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

Purple Crazy said...

Such a beatiful card, love the purples and the lace, thanks for sharing at OLLCB, Wendy x

Pat N. said...

What a pretty purple card. Love the lace and flourishes. Thanks for playing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.--Pat N.

Michelle said...

ooh I hope we get to see the spice jars :o)

This is a stunning card!! I love the lace behind the sentiment, just beautiful.

All the gorgeous elements on this card tie in perfectly.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Michelle said...

oops not the card you linked up, lol but I still love it!!

Michelle :o)

Miranda said...

purplicious card Sue, very cute love the vintage style
thanks for joining our challenge over at the stamping boutique
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

Tracy Heaton said...

Beautifully elegant!
Thanks for joining us at LIIU.
Tracy x

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Beautiful vintage design, love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com this week and good luck in the challenge!